The Importance of Cloud Computing for Your Business
Cloud Computing is everywhere today. You may be using it and not even know.
When people hear the word cloud—from an IT perspective, that is—they immediately think of storage. And for good reason; it is, in fact, a storage-centric operation. But there’s much more to it.
If you’ve ever sent an email, or watched an video online, you’ve dealt with cloud storage. How? Well, think about the files you’ve sent via email, or the video you watched. Where did they come from? How was that video shown to you?
It was a file stored online. Kept in a cloud. And you were able to access it from anywhere in the world.
For your business, having everything backup up on a cloud storage service is important. For the safety and security of your files, and for your business’s livelihood in the event anything catastrophic should happen.
Advantages of Cloud Computing
There are many advantages of cloud computing, including increased productivity and ensuring the safety of your documents. Here are a few examples of why:
- Having backups of your files is a must. Imagine something happening such as malware that wipes out your entire server, or a hurricane that destroys your business location as well as everything inside. Both are scary to think about, but with cloud storage, you don’t need to worry about your files. They’re stored safely offsite.
2) Access from Anywhere
- Thumb drives work well. It’s a great backup system for your files in the event tragedy strikes your server and/or computer. But what about access? If you don’t have the thumb drive, there’s no way to access what’s on it.
- But with cloud storage, you can access the files from anywhere where there’s internet available—which, nowadays, is just about anywhere.
- With Cloud Computing, your files aren’t just stored in one single location. Because what if something was to happen? Instead, they are stored in multiple, secure locations, and readily available when you need them.
- Since your files are all stored online with cloud storage, there’s no need to purchase any physical hardware or software. There’s no need for any on-site datacenters sucking up electricity day and night as the run non-stop. With cloud computing, there’s a small fee to the company storing your files.
Microsoft Azure is the Best Option
We work exclusively with Microsoft Azure for Cloud Computing. Why? Simply said, because they’re the best.
According to Forrester, you’ll be more productive and increase your ROI with Azure. Why is this? It’s because Azure works great with SMBs. They offer pay-as-you-go options for small- and medium-sized businesses to better accommodate budgets, with flexibility as you grow. They also have a worry-free scalability structure, allowing you to effectively run your business without worry.
Cloud Computing with Azure also allows for application management through Microsoft’s global network of datacenters.
We could go on and on about the benefits of cloud computing with Microsoft Azure. And we’d love to. Give us a call today and we’ll tell you exactly how Azure can save you time and money. 877-891-6911